PaGE 5.0 Java Application Installation
Please follow the steps to install the PaGE 5.0 java program.
- first of all, make sure you have JDK 1.4 or latest version install in
your PC. To do this, go to www.java.com to get the latest Java software.
- download the PaGE program from
- After you accept the license agreement, you can either download the compressed tar file containing PaGE 5.0 and the
documentation or the installer program for Windows-based PCs.
- If you download the tarball, unzip the page.tar into any directory you prefer, you will see the following files:
jh.jar, PaGE.jar, Readme, RunPaGE.bat and a directory called "sample_dataset", which contains some sample microarray
datasets. If you download the installer, just double click it and follow the instructions on the screen. It will create a
entry for PaGE in Window's start menu.
Note the followings are for the tarball installation.
- If you are using linux, Unix or Mac, open a terminal window in your PC.
If you are using Windows machine, you can start DOS terminal by going
to Start->All Programs->Accessaries->Command Prompt
- go to the directory where you put these two files, type the following
In Windows machine:
java -classpath "jh.jar;PaGE.jar" page.PaGE
or you can double click the batch file for Windows "RunPaGE.bat", which should automatically start the program.
In Linux, Unix or Mac:
java -classpath "jh.jar:PaGE.jar" page.PaGE
you may need to specify the the maximum size of memory for the PaGE program by adding one option "-Xmxnm" before
where n is number of megabytes allocated, for example:
java -classpath "jh.jar;PaGE.jar" -Xmx800m page.PaGE in Windows PCs
java -classpath "jh.jar:PaGE.jar" -Xmx800m page.PaGE in Linux, Unix or Mac PCs
which allocated 800M memory for the program.
PaGE should start up and open up a window that looks like this