Chris Stoeckert's Home Page
- Christian J. Stoeckert, Jr., Ph.D.
Research Professor, Dept. of Genetics
Institute for Biomedical Informatics
see also my Penn School of Medicine home page
- "Transforming and Unifiying Research with Biomedical Ontologies: TURBO-charging clinical data at Penn", Clinical Terminologies Shock & Awe meeting, Buffalo, NY.
- "Annotation of Samples in LabVantage Using the Ontology for Biobanking", LabVantage CTEC 2016, Orlando, FL.
- "The Ontology for Biobanking" (pptx), Clinical and Translational Science Ontology Workshop, Charleston, South Carolina.
- "Integration and alignment of ontologies for cancer metadata collection based on the Ontology for Biomedical Investigations (OBI)" (pptx), The Role of Ontology in Big Cancer Data, Rockville, MD.
- "Standardized Metadata for Human Pathogen/Vector Genomic Sequences", International Conference on Biomedical Ontology 2014 Panel on Ontology, Genomics and Big Data in Biology, Houston, TX.
- "Issues in Infectious Disease Genomics," (pdf) FGED Society meeting, Toronto, Oct. 2012.
- "Strategies for data mining biomedical networks," Center for Bioinformatics and Computational Biology, University of Maryland. Feb., 2012.
- "Reproducible HTS research: MINSEQE and more," (ppt) CHOP/Penn NGS Symposium,June 17, 2011.
- "Integrative Tools for Protozoan Parasite Research," (ppt) NCBO webinar, April 6, 2011.
- "Bioinformatics: Making sense of functional genomics data," (ppt) Golden Helix Symposia, Dec. 3, 2010, Athens, Greece.
- "The MGED Society: Facilitating Data Sharing and Integration with Standards," Webinar for the CTSA Omics Data Standards Working group. (ppt). March 4, 2010.
- "Network models for understanding pancreatic islets," Vanderbilt University, Nashville, TN
- "Comparative genomics, expression profiles, and study annotations:Data integration approaches to fighting malaria and diabetes"(pdf) Dec. 10, 2008. Computational Biology seminar series at SRI International
- "Annotation-based meta-analysis of microarray experiments" (ppt) Feb 26, 2008, Yale Biostatistics Seminar Series.
- "Predicting functions in Plasmodium and other Apicomplexa" (pdf) Dec. 10, 2007. Graduate Seminars in parasitology (U. Penn School of Veterinary Medicine).
- "Computational modeling of malarial parasite protein interactions reveals function on a genome-wide scale" (ppt) Oct. 18, 2006 PICASso "Successes of Computational Biology", Princeton.
- "Standards and the GUS database system for funtional genomics" (ppt) March 7, 2006 Distinguished Lecture ITC-IRST, Trento, Italy.
- "Cracking the promoter code: Identifying regulatory modules for tissue-specific transcripts" (ppt) Nov. 15, 2005 University of Nebraska Medical Center
- "Computational Analysis of Tissue Specificity: Decoding Promoters" (ppt) Nov. 17, 2004 Department of Physiology Seminar Series, University of Kentucky
- "GUS: A Functional Genomics Data Management System" (ppt) ASM Conference on Functional Genomics and Bioinformatics Approaches to Infectious Disease Research
October 8, 2004 Portland, Oregon.
- "Annotating microarray data with the MGED Ontology." (ppt) NCI Center for Bioinformatics. April 15, 2004, Bethesda, MD.
- "RADical microarray data: standards, databases, and analyses." (ppt) Yale Microarray Data Analysis Workshop. Dec. 5, 2003. New Haven, CT.
- Lectures for the Greater Philadelphia Bioinformatic Alliance Workshop. "Development and differentiation: The Princeton stem cell data set." and "Differential expression and false discovery rate." Oct. 13-15, 2003. Philadelphia, PA.
- "Generating useful information in toxicogenomics: Focused efforts: Microarray standards." (ppt)The National Academies. Feb 6, 2003. Washington D.C.
- "The MGED Ontology: A framework for describing functional genomics experiments." (ppt) Standards and Ontologies for Functional Genomics, 17th to 20th November, 2002, Wellcome Trust Genome Campus, Hinxton, Cambridge, UK.
- "Sharing Microarray Knowledge" (ppt) Chips to Hits. Oct. 28, 2002. Philadelphia, PA
- "Integrated Data Systems for Genomic Analysis" (ppt) Genomics and Bioinformatics for the Advancement of Clinical Sciences, Oct. 14, 2002, Thomas Jefferson University, Philadelphia, PA
- CBIL: Computational Biology and Informatics Laboratory (My lab).
- IBI: Institute for Biomedical Informatics.
- Genetics Department (My home department).
- FGED: Functional Genomics Data Society
- OBI Ontology for Biomedical Investigations